As a macOS user with a multi monitor setup and a laptop I frequently switch between 1 to 3 screens. I use task related spaces (general, coding, organisation, social) and to reinforce this habit I installed some Unsplash wallpaper images relating to the task.
In some undefined situations I lose the wallpaper image on certain screens on certain desktops (I have already disabled reordering and removing spaces) but dragging wallpapers across multiple screens on multiple spaces is too much work; and why not see if this can be automated.
Thanks to Hammerspoon and a few minutes time you can benefit from my script:
-- SYNC WALLPAPER --
wp = hs.screen.primaryScreen():desktopImageURL()
for index,screen in ipairs(hs.screen.allScreens()) do
if screen:desktopImageURL() ~= wp then
-- /SYNC WALLPAPER --
Add this to your .hammerspoon/init.lua and switch spaces to sync wallpapers to all screens on that space!
This is a script for Hammerspoon that reorders the windows on the current screen in a reverse cascade, with the active window at the front left. It’s very useful to view all windows at once and create order from a mess of windows.
The name refers to the shortcut used to perform the action: control-option-command+/. This shortcut is editable in the script.
Taskfile runs task files, a bash (or zsh etc.) script that contains functions that can be called via the runner. These files must be called .Taskfile. The runner detects any taskfiles in the current, parent, grandparent etc directory of the directory you’re in.
I’ve refined the edit task that ships with the script so that it opens the .Taskfile in the current directory if it exists, before falling back to editing the runner.
I often use my side projects for experimenting with concepts and one area of interest is onboarding. Too often there are major hurdles and complexities in getting started contributing or developing web projects.
With Cuttlefish the goal is to be as approachable as possible and be productive after running a single command.
So I’m happy to say today I landed a few PRs in the main branch that add zero configuration project tooling in the guest when using vagrant🎉
Dependency management, linting, pre commit hooks etc are all ready to go after a vagrant up. I’m pretty chuffed.
It’s optional so you can still bring your own tooling and use the built in PHP webserver. Hopefully that should make it easy to get up and running and contribute.
Cuttlefish is my hackable web/blog framework. I’m doing most of the hacking and eventually you might blog.
Rubber ducking a bit. Working on the coupling of the controller name being linked to the content structure. For example /posts/x loads the post controller with the post model and content from content/post/x.md.
It felt intuitive but I’m not happy deriving a path literally from a class name. In Particular the post archive is an archive controller with a post model. Also feeds/post vs feeds/auctions or something.
Originally I went with contentpath being based on a controller name property. But because the model already specifies the fields available in the content that didn’t seem right
So doing some work around each model having a content path property but not 100% if that’s the right relation.
Feels like It’s doing two things. Routing and content types.
For instance if I want a /blog I’d probably create a blog controller with a post model with records loaded from content/blog.
Looks like the controller is registered to a path via the router and it dictates the content path after all.
This latest personal site design iteration improves the reading experience.
Post margins are condensed and subtle delineation guides the eye. The byline, categories and tags post meta are now hidden on the homepage, reducing clutter. I highlighted hovered articles for clarity.