The aim for wordpress-basetheme is a bare bones, well structured, easily customisable WordPress base theme.
- DRY (don’t repeat yourself)
- KISS (keep it simple stupid)
- Easily customisable WordPress base theme.
- Uses post formats (standard and link have been implemented)
You can build on it to speed up your own theme development. It’s so minimal that I wouldn’t recommend it as your final site theme. Instead it makes it trivial to apply your design to a WordPress blog, or to build out from this starting point. This site is build on top of the project for example.
Version 1.1 is now available
Download | View on GitHub
- updated styling and version
- previous next buttons on singles
- ie style targeting (unused), remove admin bar until supported, top nav
- archives added and accessibility improvement
- date permalinks
- consistent titling
- edit link in footer, no home
- moved comments into its own template file
- padding issue
Your feedback is welcome.